Sunday, February 9, 2014

100th Day Fun

The last Friday in January was our 100 Days of School Celebration.  I love finding new ideas from other creative teachers to expand my students' learning.  This year I added the 100 Day Cape from Mrs. Miner's Monkey Business.



If you haven't seen her post, you should really check it out.  I chose the red plastic tablecloths from the Dollar Store. (Don't you just love that place?) I cut them into 6 rectangles which were transformed into 100 Day Capes.  I sent them home for the families to help decorate them with 100 items.  Then using shoelaces (also from the Dollar Store) I taped the middle to the top of the cape for a tie.  Aren't they adorable.
We also made hats with 100 stickers and beautiful tasty necklaces with 100 Fruit Loops.


Now that our outfits were complete, we made our Derdnuh snack mix.  Derdnuh is hundred spelled backwards for those of you who don't know.  Everyone brought in 100 pieces of a snack (pretzels, M&Ms, raisins, cereal etc.  Then we mixed them all together in a big bowl.


                                                                        Yummy!
I hope your 100th Day was fun and I would love to hear about any other ideas that you had.

No comments:

Post a Comment