Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The tree is down...


Well we finally did the deed this weekend.  All the Christmas trappings and tree were taken down.  I love putting everything up, but taking it all down and packing it up--not so much.



















Notice my two little helpers in the midst of the chaos. Now onto bigger and better things.

I decided one day after my math lesson, to put students with a mix of abilities into the center activities that I had made(all Common Core based).  They had a ball.  They were all deeply engaged in the activities and it warmed my heart to see stronger students teaching and explaining math concepts to my weaker students.  May I say "success"!  And the best part was that when it was time for Fine Arts, they didn't want to stop.  I had to promise them that we would definitely do this again tomorrow.  Oh twist my arm!

Tens and Ones Find My Mittens Fun is so much fun when you have a friend to "play" with.
 

Here is Subtracting 10 Surfing Fun and all the boys are working together!



Here I took my Adding 10 Cupcake Fun  game and split it into 2 centers.  Since working on the white
board is so much fun for them, I added magnets on the back. Voila!



Watching this group work so hard at Tens and Ones Froggy Fun Matching Center, gave me such pleasure.
Well I now have a new center to add to my collection of Math Sets.  Just in time for Valentine's Day its

Two-Digits Plus Ones Choo Choo Fun is a sweetheart of a puzzle game.  Students practice adding the ones which sometimes require composing a 10.  At first it is a bit challenging, but I have also given you ways to differentiate.  Check it out!

Till next time, keep trying new things, you never know what you will discover.







No comments:

Post a Comment