Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Blog Lovin' Hop Winners and Let's Get Acquainted

Let me begin by congratulating my winners from the Bloglovin' Hop.  Since my birthday is tomorrow and the 4th of July is Thursday, I decided to not only pick 2 winners, but 4 winners.  Congratulations to:
1.  Barbara
2.  Stephanie M.
3.  Mrs. Reinartz
4.  Rachael

Thank you for following me and good luck next time.




Topic- Tic Tac Toe
How it Works:  Look at the graphic below.  It is a Tic Tac Toe board filled with different categories.  You will post about three of these categories but they have to make Tic Tac Toe.  For example, you can choose to write about 3 topics that go vertical, or 3 topics that go horizontal, or three topics that go diagonal. 

I am doing the first vertical column.

I went to college at Marquette University in Milwaukee, WI.  I was a commuter, so I didn't really experience the college life.  One of my favorite memories was when school closed early for a huge snowstorm.  My friend and I battled the storm back to my house.  We took the toboggan and headed for the favorite hill at a nearby park.  Bundled up we headed down the hill.  The toboggan was just a bit long for only 2 people and we continued to topple over again and again.  Back at my house we warmed up with hot cocoa.  We had a blast!

My first year teaching was the start of a wonderful new adventure. I moved to Florida (by myself) and started at a little migrant school way out in Wimauma.  My first graders would bring me cauliflower and tomatoes as gifts.  It was pretty cool, since this was so new to me. On my first day teaching I took the kids outside for PE and when we returned I told them to line up at the bubbler.  Much to my dismay, they wandered around the hall (apparently looking for this "bubbler").  Again I told them to line up at the bubbler to no avail.  Finally I pointed to the bubbler and they told me that this was no bubbler, this was the water fountain.  Where I come from a water fountain shot water out of some thing's mouth and was a decorative piece.  LOL I learned something new that day.  Apparently only a small piece of the country calls it a bubbler.

My favorite grade to teach is 1st.  It was and will always be.  I love the curiosity of a six year old.  I can amaze them with the simplest thing as long as I appear amazed myself.  I love the way that they can instantly pretend along with me that I am hearing something or seeing something to engage them in a lesson. "Why look over there, I see ____."  "Oh yes, we see it too."  The best part is when they get that "Ah ha" look on their face.  That makes it all worth it.  They are such precious little children that I am entrusted to teach them all that I can. I wouldn't trade them for any other grade. 

Now it is your turn to Link Up and share.... 





No comments:

Post a Comment